Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Monday, February 21, 2011

Across Continents Across Seas

Hello Travellers!

Good morning all the way from Singapore, the little island in the middle of Southeast Asia. My travels were really great so far. Nothing to be overtly dramatic about.
Well, I could.
Here we go.

I'd have to say it loud and clear that the Continental flight from Wichita to Houston, Texas was the worst flight in the itinerary this time. As usual, I had passed out on and off before we took off but the times I had woken up, I couldn't breathe. The air was very stuffy and I literally felt like I was going to be out of oxygen before we could land. Luckily, as you can see, I did survive the American flight.

I had not realised before that I had a 4 hour lay over in Houston so when I got there, I imagined that I could catch up with my blogs or stroll around the internet. However, there were no free wi-fi in that big airport so I had to spend my time dreaming again. I'm sorry if I come across as a sleeper but I really am. Sleep is good.

The journey from the United States to Moscow was excellent! Definitely a call for a tribute to how great Singapore Airlines is in the travel industry. I have never had a disappointment thus far. The food was excellent and the service beautiful. Plus, I had the whole row to myself. Who doesn't enjoy such luxury? Unfortunately, that beautiful 11 hour plane ride ended with our arrival at the Russian Federation.

Cold and dark would be the words to describe this place. Not only the place, but the people themselves. It was snowing when I arrived and the cold was getting to me as I had no warm clothings. I only had an hour in Russia and most of it was used up passing through customs. The officers were tall, beautiful but simply cold. Perhaps it is the culture, but I certainly did not appreciate the yelling especially in Russian!

I had company on my trip down to Singapore. Two Russian women sat beside me throughout that entire trip. They were pretty oblivious to their surroundings because I felt really non-existent, which was good in some ways. I had nothing to complain about. The food was wonderful.

I feel like a pig at the moment. But I shall continue...

I guess I arrived at Singapore at approximately 5 this morning. I love this airport as it is cozy and absolutely people friendly. Unfortunately, my Macbook had issues starting up so I'm pretty much worried about it. Nevertheless, I am excited about being in my homeland once again.

To all my SC friends out there reading this, you are truly missed across the globe. Enjoy what you have there at Southwestern College because when it is time to part, you will feel my heart.

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment