Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Soul mate vs. ?

Hello Travellers!

My conversations with my friends lead to many revelations and even new train of thoughts.
A few days ago I had a conversation about relationships (what's new) and I started wondering if soul mates really do exist. It is sad because I have been holding on to the belief that he was the one for me but then it crashed altogether. So here I am walking down the path of single-hood. Hey, I am not complaining! I still love myself as much as I did before AND I am enjoying my life. It is just a question that we ask ourselves sometimes and that question may never be answered. Who knows?

This was bugging me the whole time. Am I doing it right?
Finding my soul mate is a lot harder than it seems. The thing is, you will never know until the day vows are exchanged and rings worn. Maybe I am taking this too seriously. On the other hand, nothing can be more serious than love itself.

And then I thought, it may not be that much of a crime to love from within the heart and fully but not predict the ending like I always want to. You know how it is. We, girls, always over-think matters because we are so afraid of giving our hearts away before we find our Prince Charming. I can't say that men are the same or otherwise because I have never been one. So, would it be possible to love and not expect anything in return? After all, love is just as simple as giving. Maybe I should learn to be happy and love freely. Just to enjoy life as it comes and the people that come along on the way instead of desiring that one man that will sweep me away to eternity.

No, I am not turning into a hippie.
And no, I don't mean love freely, physically.
Just love out of the heart.
Weren't we born to love anyway?

Yes, I did entitle this post as Soul mate vs. ?
Think about it. Maybe love isn't as complicated as we make it to seem. '?' can be anybody that comes along the way and if we keep expecting a fairy tale, we will never truly love the ones that pass our way.

So, dear soul mate,
whoever you are,
if you are reading this,
I hope that somehow, in the best of time, we will meet and know that it is meant to be even without much thinking because I am tired of loving out of expectation and being so fragile in all my fears.
But if I change my mind like I always do, I'll write you another note.

Live to Love
Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment