Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Friday, February 25, 2011

Let's Talk Love

Hello Travellers!

Let's talk love today.
What is love?
Don't we all question its existence or the lack thereof once in awhile?

Well, love itself is a big spectra. Let's bring it down to that kind of love we see on television or movies. The one everyone sings about and brings up every February. The kind of love you feel with that one person that makes your heart beats a thousand times faster and causes you to smile in your sleep. Yes, the mushy kind.

The truth is, I cannot define it.
I may be able to break it apart in words but I still can't put it all together.
I may be able to give you my current philosophies about love and this powerful

As much as it is impossible to do, love is an act of giving, not receiving. Sometimes we get so caught in getting our emotions across that we forget the other person is standing there taking all our arrows. It is understandable. When we hurt, we want people to care for us, to listen to us and to comfort us. However, it doesn't always work that way.

Take for instance, my relationship that had to end. (I can only speak out of what I have experienced) We were fighting for so long that it hurt until I couldn't hurt anymore. There was no where else to go even though I wanted a happy ending. Who doesn't?
So I listened. And even though it hurt to hear the words, I was suffocating him somehow. So I let him go. And surprisingly, I said it with a smile. No, not like an evil smile. But you know what I mean. For the first time, I was merely thinking of his sake and none of mine whatsoever. Not what I wanted or how I feel. Or how I wanted him to see me. I just let them all go and thought that if I was killing him inside, then it would be time for me to leave and time for a new chapter for him.
I had a strange feeling that overtook me and I thought to myself: So, this is how it feels like to love until you let go.

I'm not saying that this is how every relationship should end. No. This is just my philosophy about love at the moment. Love can mean letting go someone you love very much. My philosophy changes everyday though but we learn from our mistakes anyway.

Yes, I do wonder at times if things will go back to how they used to be. But I think that once you move on, you move on. I wonder if time will heal the hurt like they all say.
The truth is only I can find out in time.

So what is love?
Love is giving away your needs for someone who needs more.

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment