Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inspired by Words

Hello Travellers!

I was listening to Natasha Beddingfield on my mp3 player and was baffled by the brilliance of her word choice. She is such an inspiring song writer and an amazing singer. Just listening to the words of her songs make me grin and chuckle to myself, which is probably creepy in some ways to the people around me that are watching. What can I say? That woman is a gift from above.

I feel so complete just listening to her songs because she puts so much into her art and it shows. The words she uses are powerful and brilliant, just like I've mentioned already. In my opinion, words are the soul of music and being a bad lyricist, I really struggle to make myself better in that sense. It is really difficult to portray a feeling or a philosophy in words that would cause others to feel the same.

The one thing that makes Natasha a killer song writer is her ability to manipulate words, making them words of wisdom and positivity. She has so much philosophy in her songs which makes them heavy and deep. You could view some of her lyrics in songs like 'Size Matters' or her latest song 'Strip Me'. Catchy words to catch the public but turning them inside out makes them really stick out. This just inspires me to write more songs that can bring positive changes to the world around me. If there was anything that I wanted accomplished in this life, I would want to change the world.

Coming back to Natasha, she is an amazing vocalist altogether. If you have not had a chance to listen to her, I'd encourage you to purchase her songs on Itunes or even check her out on Youtube. She is very inspiring and uplifting in so many ways. The world needs more people like her.

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment