Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Picture Perfect Growing Old

Hello Travellers!

Time can be beautiful because it gives us space to breathe, learn and relive our most valued moments.
Time is also necessary for healing and growth.
At the same time, time takes away and disappoints.

I'm speaking of old age. It's funny how life goes and goes and we don't realise how fast the world spins around until a certain revelation point and then we run again. It is also a little funny that in my heart, my dad and my mom are always going to be 45. In my mind, they will never grow old. They remain the same- the way they were years ago when everything was picture perfect.

Everything is still picture perfect. The only difference is the angle of my view. And of course, other factors come to play. You don't realise how fast time flies until prevalent things start to occur. Like my dad not being able to do the things he used to do so easily or when he keeps forgetting the simplest things. Old age catches like wildfire in a forest and it is very scary to experience as well as to witness. It does make me sad because we can't ever contain the people we love in a bottle and keep them there. People change. And they grow old as time passes. That does freak me out because in just a few blinks, we would already be there, with our greying hair and blurry eyesight.

What I'm trying to convey is that life is precious. Health is wealth. Technically, health is way more important than wealth in any circumstance. I am sure that my mom would want me to pass these words of wisdom to you on behalf of her. She is currently fighting cancer and even though her will to win the battle is very strong, she always reminds me of how we should always be wise in our ways of life before time catches up with us. Her courage baffles me. Still, it reminds me of how old age catches up with us in the end.

As depressing as it sounds, it can be refreshing to think that we have nothing to worry about. Yes, it is true that once in awhile we will experience freak-out moments when time-outs and breathing space is needed. Nevertheless, we can smile knowing that everyday is a gift and a blessing that we ought to use wisely. If we can learn to appreciate every hour and every minute of the day as a miracle, we can learn to live life to its fullest.

As for my dad and my mom and my beloved aunts who may be reading this at some point, you will always be young in my heart. Nothing compares to the moments we've lived together and the laughter that blossomed between us all. Time cannot take that away from us!




My picture perfect family. The photographs may not be the best of quality! I hope to capture new ones soon! 

Yours Truly.

2 comments:

  1. Aww tell your mom, dad and the aunts I said hi I will be there to visit soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed to have you as my first commentator *winks* Yes, we miss you lots, cuzzy. Come soon! <3

    ReplyDelete