Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Search for Faithfulness

Hello Travellers!

I know that many of you may be tired of all these relationship rambling from me. Trust me, I'd love to ramble about other things as well but what can I say? Love makes the world go around! Big sigh. Some of us hoped that wasn't the case.

In search of my Prince Charming, I have been travelling roads leading to nothing but dead ends. Someday I will discover the path to mortal love infinity. However, along the way, I've picked up some really bad habits and philosophies that need to be stripped off so I could run free.
Everyone has these. You should consider stripping them off as well.

Here are some of the misconceptions we pick up along the way.
(I'm sorry if it is extremely female oriented)

1. Men are all the same
2. Faithfulness is impossible to achieve (Cheating is normal)
3. We are replays of our parents' mistakes and story
4. Women are subject to men
5. Only women hurt and feel fragility
6. Marriages end in affairs
7. Love is a checklist. If you don't meet the expectations or standards, you're out of the game.

Those are only the very few I struggled with over the years. The thing about these misconceptions is that it hurts inside, chains you up but it is absolutely difficult to free yourself from.Of course, it is easy to say 'Today, I'm letting go' but sometimes it feels impossible. At times, I do wonder if faithfulness exists. The media and the people around us sometimes proves faithfulness a myth and that makes it difficult for the wounded to recover. I do believe that someday I will find its hiding place and take shelter but when, I do not know.

What does it mean to be faithful?
To be steadfast in affection and allegiance.

Coming back to all these bad philosophies, they suffocate. On a long term basis, we will find ourselves being bitter in very many ways. Nobody wants to be bitter. Nobody likes being miserable.
Even I have experienced moments where I felt like I was being strangled by these misconceptions and that I would never love again. Then, stepping into a new arena, I wonder if this time things would be different. But they won't because if you never learn to let go, you will not love in freedom. And that is a bad thing altogether.

We all live in the shadows of the people around us and before us. But we don't have to.
We could step out and decide what we want for ourselves because in the end, this is your life and nobody else's. Do you want to be happy? Who doesn't?

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment