Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A String of Words from a Troubled Heart

When Troubled Hearts Meet to Talk

How could I look you in the eye?
How could I whisper all is fine?
How could I smile a big curved line?
-and mean it all from the inside

You see me now on the outside
And make yourself a nest to bide
That builds up all around me still
The one I look to and confide

There I am, strong with will
I am invincible and so still 
I am sensible and yet I'm free
I am everything they may not be

Outside us the world is grey 
Colorless like the air we breathe
The one that keeps us day by day,
Of which we lost to keep sanity

Inside, my fragile world is formed
A sanctuary within the storm
With wings woven so bright and tight 
But never ever can take flight

Inside, time ticks and slower still
When seeing you, I know I feel
When seeing you, I know I can't
Defeat the strongest man that stands

That man, my chosen enemy, 
A name I picked up to hide 'me':
The me that cannot stand just yet
The me that cannot find good sense

Within the mask, within the veil
Beyond the pictures and the tales
Go past beyond the naked heart
That unfolded quickly in the dark

So how could I look you in the eye
And tell you everything is fine
And smile and laugh like I always do
And mean it right and mean it true
When I can't read what's in your mind
When I can't seem to draw the line
When all I want, it can't be bought
When troubled hearts meet to talk 


Yours Truly.

2 comments: