Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Speak

Hello Travellers!

What does it mean to speak? How high up do we hold the words that come out of our lips?
Sadly, many people speak hastily without much thought. The aftermath can be difficult to clean up.
Yes, words are the most powerful things on Earth. It can build up, tear apart, make love, spark impressions, strike hurt and even inspire. Yet, many fail to use it to its best potential.

As powerful as words can be, we suffer through the consequences of its abuse anyway.
Even though words can uplift, it can also bring a person down within a blink of an eye. Yes, I am speaking of those moments when you have been called fat, skinny, over voluptuous or the lack of it. Sometimes, it can even be about your personality. You may have been called a bitch, tramp, slut, big head, stupid or even arrogant.

Was that all necessary?
I've personally experienced both the good and the ugly and till today, I am still learning to overcome the hurt from the latter.

I think many a times, we speak unnecessarily. Comments are let out for no other reason besides to hurt. This is sad. Words are gifts to be shared, something to make life more beautiful.
The slightest words can mean the world to someone else even though it doesn't seem much to you. At the same time, a sly comment could stab a heart and wound it forever.

So I choose to speak in wisdom. I choose to use words in all its beauty and I hope that it shows through my music and my choice of words. I want to inspire and never once let down. I hope you do the same as well.

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment