Travel Profile

My photo
Songwriter Dreamcatcher

Friday, March 4, 2011

Everyone and their Girlfriend(s)

Hello Travellers!

Today I was scouting for the most eligible bachelor.
Yes, I just said it.
No, I am not that desperate but it does go through the mind once in awhile.

The funny thing is that I suddenly came to realise that most of my friends are already in relationships. And that freaked me out. I guess it's just the thought of age catching up. The more time passes, the fewer the chances?
Great theory but it wouldn't work out with my whole soul mate idea that I've worked up in my mind since I was a little girl.

At the strike of loneliness, one ventures around seeking the tiniest possibility of romance.
Yet, we know that wisdom proves otherwise. Single-hood needs to be appreciated way more.
Nevertheless, I can't help but watch everyone and their girlfriend.

As I was passing my kitchen counter, I couldn't help but notice a leftover dish sitting out. I went over to pick it up and a whole colony of ants appeared and spread like wildfire. Of course, I cleaned up the mess. But after thinking about it, I thought that the dish could resemble some of us- the newbies in single-hood. The ants would not have come around to devour the sweetness of it all unless we were left out for awhile. Obviously, the ants symbolize new possibilities.

What better way would there be for me to lay it all out? It is so difficult to stay away from being emotionally attached because the heart is constantly seeking adventure. But it is so important to remember that the more you keep the more you get.

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment